Sunday 30 September 2007

Don't Buy Me A Beer Either!

I've already blogged about this growing trend amongst bloggers who have a small icon with a beer mug or a coffee cup saying something like:

If you like this blog, please donate so I can keep drinking coffee to keep me awake so I can keep writing... or some such nonsense.

Really!

Buy me a beer? Buy me a cafe latte? More like "Got change for a cuppa, guv?" as the tramp standing outside the greasy spoon with his hand out might say to the passing businessman in a suit.

Yep - it's begging. No other word for it.

If you don't want to encourage tramps, you don't give them money, right?

So that's why you'll never see me on any of my blogs asking for handouts - I'm not a beggar, I'm an online businessman who would much prefer to sell you something rather than take money from you for nothing.

Terry Didcott
The Honest Way

No comments: